Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxing lamp

• 04-11-2023 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm on the hunt for a new lamp for the foxies. Anybody have a good recommendation? Many have filters now but I don't know if the filter is of much use?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I currently have/use a Wild hunter Sniper lamp. It's 150mm with separate filters. Good powerful lamp for searching and a focused centre.

Check option at about €69 (iirc).

A sight better job than all my old lamps. They were light force and still excellent lights, some with adjustable beams, but all old school ones with battery packs needed. The new range of lithium ion and led combo is so light to carry and just as powerful with an average of about three hours usage.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

I seen them alright, didn't know if all that wildhunter branded stuff was any good.

I've seen ones without filters too. You find the filters much use ?

I have an old lightforce one in the press but as you said, heavy batter pack needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Pat McGroin

I've just bought one. Search nightxeye on done deal.

There's a lad there Alex selling them.

Spot on fella. Get the one with white green and red lights in it.

Comes with decent mount car charger etc.

I'm three for three on foxy with it!

do you find you need a handheld along side the scope mounted lamp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Pat McGroin

Definitely,

The scope mounted is the only job for the shot so leave it there, centred in the scope view. Makes it easy to find the red lad fast when you want to take your shot.

I've a small handheld with a wide flood beam for scanning. All you need to see is an outline or eyes and then check it out with the scope.

Amazing the amount of lamp shy foxes our there that are bamboozled by the red or green light. The one I told you about is dimmable , that's a help too.

• Advertisement

i had a look at the one on donedeal - it's scope mounted? I actually already have a scope light, it's a handheld I'm after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭CharlieR

I have a scope mounted Wicked Light A75iC. Never used as illness has gotten in the way so only target shooting now. Has all the 3 colours on a switch that fits on the stock.

Advertisement