Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank of Ireland can't get my Deeds - 9 weeks waiting

• 06-11-2023 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am now going into the 9th week waiting on my deeds to be sent to my solicitors. This is causing a situation with the sale of my property. We are in agony!

There is NO ONE answering the phone in the BOI deeds line (016113333). I have waited 40 minutes, each day I tried to call with no answer. In my last attempt, I've waited 2 hours on the line with no one answering, which is outrageous!

Has anyone had any success at all getting their deeds from Bank of Ireland in the past 6 months?

What was your average waiting time?

My solicitors are, obviously, unable to even draw contracts and kick off the sale process without these. This neglect with customers is infuriating.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask your solicitors to follow this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Your solicitor should be the one requesting the deeds on ATR - Accountable Trust Receipt (enclosing a signed authority from you, the property owner). Once the solicitor completes the necessary undertaking then all the bank have to do is retrieve them from storage and send them via DX or registered post. It shouldn't take anything like nine weeks, more like one or two weeks max. The solicitor should be following up this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 longpat

@barretoj did you get your deeds in the end?

I am having same problem with BoI for 9 months now. I did get a letter from them in August confirming that they received a letter from me some months previously and they were preparing to send my deeds to me by registered post but nothing ever came.

I have been unsuccessful in trying to contact them since. They never answer the phone and I usually hang up after being on hold for an hour. They have not replied to my last letter. I am not sure what to do next.

Advertisement