Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seasoning firewood

Options
  • 06-11-2023 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I cut down a lime tree earlier in the year.

A neighbour says it will take 2 years to dry out for firewood. Is this true ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭lilydonoghue

Yes that’s true

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well it will not be ready this season so you should think in terms of next season. I have some that was cut late spring and is still lying in the garden but is going under cover as soon as I get round to it, it will then finish off indoors in batches, I am anticipating using it next winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

as above depending on how the logs have been split and set up for air drying under cover

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bridest

Ok good to know , thanks, I've only started to split it. First time doing this. I did burn a few prices in the fire, but worn continue to do that , as I know it'll cause problems

• Registered Users Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭10-10-20

If it's split then it will season somewhat quicker. Best split it when it's freshly cut, gets more difficult after that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement