Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separate a VoIP number from an ISP

Options
  • 06-11-2023 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

In my parents house I have them set up with Pure for 35e a month for both broadband and an landline which is a VoIP number. As the contract is up soon I see most other ISP charge extra for an landline.

Just wondering if it's worth my while to separate the broadband from the VoIP landline. As they get maybe a call a week on the landline and they use their mobile phones for everything else.

I was reading online that I need to get a Analogue Telephone Adapter (something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grandstream-HT801-SIP-ATA-HandyTone/dp/B06XW1BQHC) to move to another VoIP supplier. With Pure they have a Fritz Box and I can see all the SIP settings so I was wondering is there any need to get the Analogue Telephone Adapter if I want to move them to a PAYG VoIP or can I just update the settings in the Fritz Box?

Advertisement