If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony XR65A80LU

Options
  • 06-11-2023 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Can I have a best boardsie & black fridayish price on this for a returning customer including delivery to Wicklow ? PM if necessary

What do you think of it

I've upgraditis

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks for the post pureza!

The Sonys are great OLED TVs and the XR65A80/84 is a fantastic model. I really don't have any movement on the Sonys at the moment and £1899/2479 euro would be the best price I have on it I'm afraid.

I do have a great price on the LG OLED65C34 which would be my first choice - I have an LG OLED myself and I prefer the picture quality. It's on offer for £1699/1969. It has an amazing panel, great smart hub, HDMI 2.1 with eARC and VRR. For value for money I think it's the best to go for at the moment:

Let me know what you think of this option!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭pureza

I'm actually set on the Sony,I don't like Lg's

I've dropped you a PM there if you or Kenny could reply

• Company Representative Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Pureza.

Thanks for the PM.

I'll get back to it ASAP.

Tv arrived today

The Picture Quality is amazing

We have Freeview down here from Wales from an aerial so it picked up all those channels and saorview

Very impressed with Bravia cores service

It came with 15 new movie credits in uhd,with an extensive catalogue, so that's Xmas sorted

Have yet to get it talking to the Denon which I've plugged into the Earc hdmI

But we'll figure that out eventually

Did I say already,the Picture quality is Amazing

Here it is wall mounted

Hey Pureza.

Happy days that you are up and running and enjoying the NEW TV :)

That's us all coming to yours for a few movies nights!

Hopefully it should be straight forward for connecting to your Denon. just make sure the ARC function is switched on on the television and your HDMI cable is eARC/ARC compatible.

Any issues let me know.

• Advertisement

Some issues unfortunately and no matter what I change,no fix

Have very little or no centre sound via the denon avrx3000

The background sounds are very loud but no use as the voice audio is poor

Nothing at all coming from the centre speaker

It was working perfectly with the old TV

It doesn't matter what input you watch

The only method that works is to turn off the Denon and use tv sound only

But sure that's no good

Hi Pureza.

Hmmm....

Very strange. Have you checked in the sound settings in the Sony to makes sure there is nothing that you can adjust?

I know you can use the Sony TV as the centre channel so just in case there is an option for this is the settings.

What type of HDMI cable is it that you are using to connect from the to the Denon?

I'll get the manual in the morning when I'm back in work and have a check and revert back.

Got it going

Don't ask me what I did but alls beautiful

Delighted !

Sound on Apple tv is coming up as dts neo x whereas Sky Q and Disney plus and paramount plus are dolby digital

Itv1 HD and rte one HD both pl11x cinema (dolby Pro logic 2 , I presume)

Not much discernable difference between the three but I've had it in my head that dolby digital would be better?

Hey Pureza.

Happy Days that you are now up and running :)

There isn't a big difference between the Dolby formats to be honest but there should be a little difference between Dolby Digital which is the starting point and then Dolby Digital Plus which is used a lot by the streaming services.

You start to notice a larger difference once you go into the likes of Dolby TrueHD for BluRay and if you ever change your amp you can go down the route of Dolby Atmos.

Hi Folks,

Sky swapped out our old Q box for the UHD version yesterday

Hdmi cables are 4k compatible and new

Yet Sky Q box says its not connected to a 4K tv

It's connected via my denon Avrx3000 which does support 4k

See attached

What's going on ?

• Advertisement

I'm connected to hdmi 3 btw Earc

Another more serious issue is the TV randomly loses sound on everything via the Denon

It gets sound back if you switch to TV speakers

Plugging it out and back in fixes this and uou get the denon sound back but this is ridiculous ...

Hi Pureza.

Thanks for the post.

The TV 100% supports 4K and has HDMI 2.1.

If you connect the Sky Q box directly into the TV without the Denon does it work correctly?

As far as I can see online the AVRX3000 does not support HDCP2.2 unfortunately so this will most like be the issue.... It will do 4K but only at 30fps.

I would connect the Sky Q box to the TV and use the ARC connection on the TV to the 3000 for audio only and let the TV process the image.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cool I'll try that and report back

So which hdmi do I connect the sky Q to if e arc is to the Denon ? I think there's a tick box setting on all of them

It's a bit of a nuisance though as that will eliminate zone 2 sky to the kitchen

Does the new Denon I was looking at in the Belfast store a couple of months ago support the HDcp2.2 ?

That works for the UHD but now the sound on all TV is dropping out for a split second every few seconds

I feel like I need an engineering degree as every time I adjust something, then something else goes wrong

To clarify,the split second drop outs are on every input I use on the TV,terrestrial, the tv's own Disney plus and netflix app's and on amazon,everything

HDMI 4 is what the sky Q is connected to,because the TV told me to connect via that one after I initially used hdmi

This sounds like a setting issue in the TV?

Just to add the random no audio has happened again

There is definitely something wrong here

I've had to go back to 1080 sky via the Denon to remove the drop out issue

But No Sky UHD

Now I've to continue to plug out the TV every once and a while to get the sound back ?

Pureza is not happy

Hi Pureze.

It sounds like it could be a hand shake issue between the TV and the Denon if you are using HDMI ARC and it happens on every input.

If the amp is taken out totally does the TV speakers drop out ever few seconds when watch TV or the built in Apps? Or is it only dropping out through the Denon connected via ARC to the TV?

It shouldn't matter which HDMI input on the TV the SKy Q box is connected to as long as it not the ARC one which you will be using to connect the TV to the Denon.

What brand are the HDMI cables you are using so I can have a Google and check them out.

All the current A/V receivers are HDCP2.2 and most are now HDMI 2.1 4K@120fps.

I've had to put everything back the way it was

No drop outs now but I still have that odd total sound mute from the denon randomly happening and no UHD on sky

I'm obviously not happy with that and I'm not ready to be replacing the Denon yet if that's the issue

I've spoken to Sony's help line who have promised to escalate this if power cycling everything off doesn't fix it

It didnt

I presume that would solve my problem,will it be a lesser sound than my avrx3000 ?

Can you pm me your best sterling price on it ?

I notice I went from not ready to change to ready to change very quickly 😆

I'd like to get this dispatched today @Richersounds.ie: Kenny subject to your recommendation as I'd like delivery by Saturday

• Advertisement

I need persuading

The AVR 2800H

Or the 3800 at the great price in the other thread if you have it?

Post edited by pureza on

• Company Representative Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks for the post pureza!

Unfortunately the AVCX3800 Black Friday price has finished and it's back up to £899/999 euro. It's still a big upgrade over the AVRX2800 thougha nd definitely worth the extra!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Won't be going for the avrx3800 so,pity

It will be the 2800 most likely

If I'd have seen that thread on the Avrx3800,I'd have jumped on it even without the issues this upgrade is fixing unfortunately I didnt

I'll be in Belfast Friday actually so can call in,but meantime can Kenny drop me a pm?

Thanks

Morning Pureza.

I'll drop you a little PM very shortly :)

Cheers Kenny,I'll await that

PM now sent Pureza.

Just to say,got the 3800H all set up Saturday

We used the oydessy unit to calibrate the sound in the room

Surround sound is fantastic zone 2 and 3 ditto

The UHD won't work still unless sky is directly connected to the Sony

We've done that

It means zone 2 and 3 are audio sources and blue Ray only but that's OK for now

Sky are being anal with their anti piracy tech lately

They've even recently introduced a dog in the shape of a small square too lest you try screen record sky go

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...it's all about the money honey!

Great to hear you are all set-up across 3 zones :O

Thanks for the updates and the biz pureza - we really appreciate it!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.