Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon bike build

Options
  • 07-11-2023 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

hi

I want to buy a canyon RB bike 105 and want to get it built.

I have two questions

can you use the cycle to work scheme for canyon?

secondly I am useless at any bike mechanics barely can change a tyre. I was wondering does anyone recommend a bike shop that will build a canyon from the box and how much does it cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Cycle to work - it will depend on your company. If it's a large company that outsources cycle to work to a third party then the chances are that you can't. If your company pays the bike shop directly then you may well be able to. Maybe ask someone in the HR team how they handle the payments.

Bike build - where are you located? My local bike shop (I live in D5) do it but charge over €100. However if you do the assembly yourself (usually just handlebars, saddle, pedals and all with clear instructions) then they only charge around €40 for a safety check. If going for the full build at the bike shop option you can just have it delivered directly which can save you the hassle of receiving it at home and then dropping it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭patmahe

I used the cycle to work scheme to buy a Canyon a few years back (public sector) it was a nightmare getting it through the scheme as they wanted an invoice for the bike before I bought it and Canyon would only provide a receipt once the bike is bought. Eventually I think I wore them (my employers) down and they provided the commitment to pay or whatever it was. Its a good few years ago now (2019 I think) so the details are not the clearest in my head, but it wasn't straight forward.

I would check with whoever processes the cycle to work scheme for your company before you start, it might save you a big headache, all that said I still have my Canyon and am very happy with the quality of it for the money. Assembly was a piece of cake, I did it myself, handlebars, wheels, saddle etc, there was even a torque key in the box to make sure everything was tightened correctly. I did bring it to a bike mechanic for a check once I had it ready just to check it over as I don't know much about bike mechanics, I think it was €50 but worth it to me for peace of mind.

Hope this info helps.

Advertisement