Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preliminary Tax

• 07-11-2023 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

Hoping you might be able to help me please!

I opted to pay my preliminary tax for 2023 via direct debit this year for the first time to avail of the 105% rate from the previous year.

I didn't know that I should have set up the DD to equal the total 105% amount and I just set it as a fixed amount to put some off it throughout the year. I thought I could pay the remainder before the November deadline. I made the minimum of 3 payments throughout the year to qualify. This leaves me approx 4k short.

So does this mean I can't avail of the 105% rate now as I don't have it fully paid?

There is one more DD date on the 9th of this month. Can I amend the DD to the remainder of the 105% and this will cover it? Or is it too late as I saw a debit for the amount I have paid so far for preliminary tax on my charges and payments tab.

Thank you!

Advertisement