Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone are becoming clueless

Options
  • 08-11-2023 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

I traveled to the USA this week. For some reason roaming is atrocious. I regularly travel there and it usually works flawlessly. Lots of signal and data but awful problems receiving calls and texts. I need my phone for work.

So i get on to customer care chat and report the issue that the problem is on both AT&T and Verizon. The reply was that you can’t use AT&T ( which is false) and i should use Verizon. I told him that i tried Verizon and that i have the same fault on that network. He ignored my reply and kept going on about AT&T despite telling him i tried Verizon. I closed the chat because i wasn’t going to get anywhere.

Problem two is that they can’t fix my voicemail greeting . I have been on to them 4 times. If i record a greeting it says it recorded and has activated but when someone calls me all they hear is the default message . Rant over lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I had the exact same voicemail issue on my work phone funnily enough and no one believed me. I was wondering why no one was taking note of the fact I was saying I was on annual leave on the greeting and then they'd get narky when I haven't called them back. I tried troubleshooting and got no where either.

I was in the UK today and although I had 5G on vodafone UK alot of the time it wouldn't load a single thing. This was at Heathrow/ Central London and on both personal and work phone. Vodafone have fallen a long way but they don't seem to care. For balance though I will say a work colleague did have a 3 phone today roaming in the UK and spent alot of the day connected to 3G ... Who knows, maybe we're just demanding too much from our phones now??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Oh, the roaming issue in the US. You gotta love it when you talk to support . “ i reset your settings. Switch your phone on and off and it will be sorted” That never works ffs . I’d have more respect for them if they would admit they can’t fix it.

Advertisement