Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD…..Giant sl OD2 stem

• 08-11-2023 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi looking for a 90mm stem for my 2022 defy pro 110mm on there at the minute.

Was pricing online actually hard enough to find one, but just checking if someone has one going?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I can understand there could be some reason you want a specific model of giant branded stem, but just in case you're not aware, you can buy any brand of stem just make sure it's the correct diamater for your handlebars (they are fairly standard). You should be able to find some colour that matches close enough if concerned about that.

If you buy carbon you need to use a torque wrench when tightening up the bolts.

Sorry if you know all this and want that particular brand of stem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 halfmoonbeam

Hey

Aye it’s just to match the spacers on the bike they are an odd shape would mean less messing for me to just replace with a giant one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭pairofpears

I bought a 90mm stem from Cyclestore in Congleton, UK. I was passing there during the summer so collected it but I'm sure they can post to Ireland if they have stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

be careful buying anything from the uk where the seller is not familiar with the correct labeling and declaration. customs is a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Gerry

I can have a look when I'm next out in the shed. I replaced my od2 stem when I changed fork and headset. But presume since its a stock stem that it will be 110..

• Advertisement

found it. its 90mm @halfmoonbeam .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 halfmoonbeam

Ah sound what is the exact model ya have? Just to make sure it fits.

so its from a giant xtc - so when I read through the ad, its not going to fit your bars. As its for 31.8mm mtb bars rather than 28.6mm road. sorry.

When I went looking I did see a few places with these stems available - https://www.thebikeshop.ie/product/giant-contact-stem/ you could try these folks based in wexford.

Advertisement