Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continued Leak

Options
  • 08-11-2023 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just a query. I raised an issue about a leak in my apartment over 3 months ago. The leak appears to be occuring then it rains. The former of the sitting room was damp with obvious staining/damage to the skirting boards. On further inspection it also was the same in one of the bedrooms along with a wet carpet (this was in the corner under a bedside table).

They sent out someone who cut a large hole in the wall and put filler around the balcony upstairs (where they said the leak was coming from).

The leak has continued. The hole in the wall they cut out has completely crumbled. The skirting board sin two rains and completely destroyed and broken away from the wall. The carpet in the bedroom is stained and soaked. On top of this, there is mould growing on the walls and the bedroom is also stinking of dampness.

I'm getting nowhere. I've raised it several times with the management company who are then saying they're waiting to hear from the contractor. It's been 3 months and now it's just silence.

What do I do? Raise with RTB? Get an external contractor in to identify and fix and deduct from rent? I'm at a loss!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sorry, apologies, yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Why are you dealing with the OMC? They are not going to take any heed of you as you are not the owner, and under no circumstances pay for a contractor and deduct from rent. You will never see that money again and you will be evicted for non payment of rent.

You should only be dealing with your LL, and yes, open a dispute with the RTB.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I don't deal with the landlord as the whole complex is managed through a letting agency. This is who I have been flagging it with and I have to raise a ticket through their system which goes directly to the management company.

I have sent an email to all parties involved today asking for resolution to this issue (as I've no visibility of what is actually happening with the tickets I raise).

So process I have been following is, raise the issue with the letting agent through their ticketing system. They in turn flag this to the OMC who contact me directly. Then I hear nothing from them and go back to the letting agency who again flag and the OMC reach out to me and then disappear. Now the OMC aren't even repsonding as their last message a month ago was "The OMC are dealing with this and will contact you directly". Yet, it's very obvious they aren't...!

Advertisement