Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

central heating pump and air in radiators

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭John.G

monitoring both pump powers may show somethng but wouldn't hold my breath as these f rated pumps read practically the same power whether the pump is dead headed (discharge valve closed) or pumping flat out but may show something for comparison purposes.

Here is a link to my pump, you may pick one up cheaper somewhere locally ofr on Amazon but don't buy a used one.

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/wilo-yonos-pico-25-1-6-130-glandless-circulating-pump-230v/6153x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

looks a nice fancy pump that, the Rolls Royce of pumps! - not too bad a price I have seen some pumps priced more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I put my old pump back on today , its noisy sure (worn bearings noise) but I am interested to see if the radiators still sound like they have a lot of air in them . Whilst I had both pumps off I took a pic of the holes where the pipes are on .

The pump from where I got from Amazon looked like a bigger bore hole than the diameter hole from the old pump. I am wondering if this could have been introducing more air into the system/radiators?

Advertisement