Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jozef Puska guilty of murder of Ashling Murphy (Mod notes and threadbans in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Mairead Ronan is really stoking the fear of women on Newstalk, it’s absolutely galling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭pgj2015

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭griffin100

Similar stuff from a gender studies academic this morning on Newstalk. It's all about educating boys and tacking their toxic masculinity* at an early stage in schools. In the main I have no disagreement with that. However there was of course no mention of how you do this with the large swathes of men in the country who didn't go through the Irish education system or hold intolerant views of women based on their religion.

I've every sympathy for the Murphy family and their loss but the extent of the media attention this case garnered was down to the victim (young, pretty, Irish, white, a teacher, a trad musician). Where were the crying radio hosts and the countrywide vigils when Urantsetseg Tserendorj or Marioara Rostas were murdered?

* obviously masculinity is acceptable when men are being told to Man Up as part of the Safe Ireland campaign against violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

• Advertisement

This is like everyone in the UK being afraid of all Irish people when the IRA were bombing pubs over there during the 90s. Bull$hit.

if women feel unsafe running, thats not my problem, it has nothing to do with me or most of the male population, im not sure what they want us to do?

just listening now, one woman said she was annoyed to hear her male colleagues say they can go jogging alone and she feels she cant do the same, such rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

RTE fully shares the ideology of the leftist NGO,s , they didn’t require capturing

RTE are the Le Bron of NGO,s

• Administrators Posts: 53,763 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No harm to you, but this is absolute nonsense.

Jastine Valdez was killed in 2018. Jastine got the bus in Enniskerry, a busy town. Jastine was abducted, in broad daylight, on a busy road in Enniskerry. Her abductor was Mark Hennessy. He raped her and then murdered her. Hennessy was a father of two from Bray.

Were you telling your daughters in 2018 to watch out for bald Irish men approaching them when they're out and about? Do you think the others feigning concern about "not knowing who is around you" were concerned back then about the risks post to women by men from Ireland?

Your general point though is genuinely ridiculous. "Yes, Irish men murder more women in Ireland than any other ethnic group, but when we do it at least it's only when we follow them home, or when we want to end our relationship with them, or when we're into really kinky sex, or when we get really fed up with our mother in laws".

As if it makes any difference. Too many are using this tragic murder as a front for mindless immigrant bashing as they believe their feigned outrage gives them a front for it.

I wonder did this guy think people only serve 10 years for murder in Ireland? and did he think it was worth the risk, not knowing he may die an old man in prison. would it have made a difference to him in carrying out the murder? maybe he just thought the justice system here is soft and sure 10 yeas isn't too bad. because as someone said he asked would he do 10 years.

Life should mean him never getting out of prison for a case like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dmakc

Delighted to hear he attempted suicide and more delighted to hear it was stopped. He deserves to live with this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Absolutely agree with you 100%. Part of the hypocrisy is that while saying 50% of the population are women, in the very next breath the same NGOs will insist that anyone at all, including Joseph Puskas should be allowed to identify as a woman if that’s how they “feel”.

This whole thing is turning us into laughing stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭PaoloGotti

No. But it makes most sense. Following two women and then killing Ashling. What else could it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Tork

He was already sponging off the state with that house in Mucklagh, so I guess he thought the justice system would be as soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I mean broad daylight on an extremely busy walkway . This creep was completely in his own world.

Scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Tork

Extremely busy is putting it too strongly. Yes there were people walking in the area but it's still lonely enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Extremely busy is an exaggeration alright . But around 4 people went by in a one or 2 minute time frame

He was also following women near the main St

What on earth did he think was going to happen.

Carrying a knife with him aswel.

Chilling stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

Only one solution to it, all men in Ireland start identifying as women. Then everyone can feel safe when out jogging. QED.

The above is tongue in cheek before anyone gets offended.

I'm trying to highlight the absurdity of so called 'gender studies academics' using this murder as a platform to vilify men in general for the actions of a single man.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

It is an extraordinarily busy area. Probably one of the most used amenities in the town. An incredibly popular spot, a half mile from two secondary schools, whose students walk the canal line too.

So extremely busy by its nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

Anyway. My thoughts are that this thread should be shut down.

The family have asked for privacy.

There certainly is a time for the debate on the nature of the 'man' himself and what enables people or people like him to harm at will. I don't think using Ashling Murphy's name is the right circumstance in which to have that debate.

I'm not bookmarking this page so chat away if ye like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

I merely answered the question of the other poster who said he didn’t look Slovakian

• Advertisement

Again, so what? This is still completely irrelevant.

Why would you be associated with him?

The only people trying to generalise and associate people with Josef Puska are posters like yourself trying hard to turn this into an immigrant issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dmakc

On a day where our media is tarnishing all men in this country for this horrible event. A poster highlighting first hand experience of the culprit's ethnicity's attitude towards women seems relevant to me.

But all your doing here is moaning that all men are being tarnished while simultaneously trying to tarnish all people from his ethnicity. It's a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Balsamnews

Keep your head in the sand if you want and ignore the immigrant welfare state that Ireland has become and the issues that brings

If something happens to you, your family or someone you know, don't say you weren't warned

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

So after two weeks of wall to wall media coverage blaming all Irish men and wanting to "change the culture", it turns out to be a foreigner.

Where's our apology?

I saw that "rent a female gob" Alison o Conner last night still trying to tie this into a wider Irish cultural issue - still saying we need to go into schools and "educate" the men....even though this guy flew into the country as an adult from Slovakia. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

We can try and pretend that the ethnicity and culture of Aishling Murphys attacker is irrelevant, and the fact that that particular culture from which he hails, applauds the mistreatment of women and minorities, if you like.

We can ignore that our own culture, in comparison , in the main, cherishes and respects women.

And that Aishling Murphy felt totally secure to go for a run down a towpath in the middle of the day in Tullamore , but if she were in a Roma village in Slovakia she would not be safe. And would be encouraged by law to arm herself with pepper spray. Pepper spray that is illegal here, but is necessary there.

We can ignore, if you like, the notion that that clash of cultures in part led to her horrific death.

But why are you ignoring it? What is so offensive about accepting that one culture can be far superior to another?

But you're an immigrant, you've said so yourself numerous times on this thread.

Are you saying that you're an issue for Irish society? Should we be worried about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

This is like everyone in the UK being afraid of all Irish people when the IRA were bombing pubs over there during the 90s. Bull$hit.

Some of the posters here have exactly the same opinions of immigrants as British people had towards all Irish people back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement