Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jozef Puska guilty of murder of Ashling Murphy (Mod notes and threadbans in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,528 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think Shaw and Evans, two deranged bastids are our longest serving prisoners. One a them may be dead now. Not too sure..they must be in 45 + years.

McCarthur was in excess of 30 years, as I recall an article where he moaned about 30 + years being too long

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

https://jrnl.ie/2290636.. Our longest serving prisoner

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patmahe

One thing I would wish for when all of this is over (including sentencing) is that the murderers name and photo disappear from the media, he can sit loudly or quietly in his cell for the rest of his life and only a handful of people will have to see him. Some of these guys get off on the infamy that comes with an act like this, I think we need to rob him of that too. Celebrate Aisling by all means, but her killer's name should never be uttered in the same breath again.

RIP Aisling, I'm glad justice was served, may your family find the extraordinary strength needed to deal with their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think u have to be fairly intelligent to be a serial killer, like Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer. Maybe it was easier done back then, but there is almost zero chance of doing what he did today in broad daylight and not getting caught. I’d say this was his first and only murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Good post , and the most appropriate of the last 24 hours .

@Ten of Swords are we there yet ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭cute geoge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

The majority of murderers or criminals are not psychopaths, but people are quick to jump to this assertion because it’s easier to blame a shocking crime on someone outside their norm group.

The question is rather how you deter someone who is either unable or unwilling to control and manage their urges or other motivators. This applies to every human, disordered or not. You will always have people who will commit these types of crimes, because you will not be able to find a common deterrent approach.

He murdered one person. Why are people obsessed with painting him as a potential serial killer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭20silkcut

I …

Post edited by 20silkcut on

He has killed one person that we know of. He is caged now. I don’t think it’s at all illogical to think that this type of person, who has committed this type of heinous crime could well have tried to do it again.

and reports he has previous history of scumbag activity!!!!

anyway, I just hope he’s still in prison into old age, should he make it that far. At least then we, as a society can be sure he doesn’t get a “chance” to kill again.

and nobody is obsessed. It’s just folks discussing a situation and its possibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/irish-crime/parents-of-twisted-killer-jozef-puska-stand-by-their-son-and-clain-hes-innocent/a94471447.html

Parents of twisted killer Jozef Puska stand by their son and clain he’s innocent

Proof that they all should be deported

• Advertisement

No real surprise. To them , who was Aishling Murphy? Some nobody “foreigner” who deserves no real consideration. Overwhelming proof he did it. They know he did it, so this claim of innocence from his family shows the utter disdain and contempt they have for Aishling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Angling for a pay off interview from the SW here I'd wager 👇

Well, until I hear otherwise, I think it's ok for folks to assume that our country did no thorough background checks on this scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I know tons of people who've never had a thorough background check, they must all be rapists as well.

Not sure what this means. You seem to be going way off the point.

Like I said, I would be quite confident no thorough background check was done on this killer. And if a thorough check was done, maybe (highly likely) this awful heinous crime would have been avoided.

The tons of people you know who had no checks done......great.....

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Honesty Policy

Speaking from their free social house in Crumlin, Dublin 12! An area I taught in but couldn't afford to live in or rent in, as a teacher!

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Also, the government do have blood on their hands. They let a known criminal who committed a sexually related crime in his home country, into this country. No questions asked and gifted him a free life to the tune of at least €50k of tax free, tax payers money per year!

Another wrong, wrong, wrong!

So did you just decide to reply to me without reading the post I was replying to? Here I'll help you.

letting in a rapist

So again I ask, any proof of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Honesty Policy

What harm is there in checking if you have nothing to hide!!??

You think folks are going to go to court with the state to get you “proof.”

cop on.

I stand by my point: until I hear otherwise I think it’s ok for folks to assume that the state did no “thorough” background checks on Puska.

sure you even said yourself you know tons of people who entered the country with no checks.. you’re bolstering my view..

the “rapist” part I was not discussing. I simply mentioned background checks.

I've only ever been checked for work purposes, never when visiting another EU country. Have you?

• Advertisement

So, no, nobody has any proof that he was a rapist, yet another racist dog whistle.

I never said the second part btw. But I know lots of people who have never been garda vetted, should they have to submit to it if they move to Drogheda?

Well, what about this… we must missed it, likely because fook all checks done. Convicted sex offender before arriving g here..we allowed him entry here. Maybe we did know this and could not refuse entry?

“Jozef Puska was a convicted sex offender in his native Slovakia before he moved to Ireland and killed Ashling Murphy, Extra.ie has learned. 

The 33-year-old father of five was convicted as a juvenile in his home country for consensual sex with a girl who was under the age of 15, for which he received probation.”

The killer – who is due to be sentenced for Ashling’s murder on Friday and is set to appeal the conviction – was also a person of interest in two assault cases involving women in two other countries before he murdered the 23-year-old teacher.

"Consensual sex"

So literally the opposite of rape.

Again , I am not coming from the rape angle. I am coming from the thorough background checks. I never said we knowingly allowed a convicted rapist into the country.

The chap has a criminal history. He gained entry here either us not knowing or us knowing and allowing access. I’d bet on the former

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I realise that it's not practical to check everyone that enters ireland from the EU, but surely we should be checking for a criminal record before giving them social welfare? It's bad enough our own home grown criminals are costing us a fortune in social welfare every year, but we are now importing criminals and their families, and paying for them as well? And endangering our own population (including all the genuine immigrants, thar contribute to society) along the way.

This should serve as a warning, along with all the legitimate Ukrainian refugees entering ireland, there seems to be an increasing number of people entering, who conveniently lose their passports on arrival, so we have no idea who they are, where they are from, or what crimes they have committed before arriving here, and they are being welcomed in and being housed and fed.

I can't understand this, does the human rights of these ( who are the most likely people to dispose of their passports, maybe criminals trying to hide their past?) the rights of Irish residents to live in relative safety? This is a ticking time bomb, waiting to explode, and nobody is allowed discuss.

They changed it about 7/8 years ago. If age gap is within 2 years and they're 15 - 17 then they can use a "proximity of age" clause.

I'm fairly sure there was a case years before where a girl's father had a lad tried and convicted for statutory rape despite her making a statement that it was all consensual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭enricoh

If a 23 year old paddy decided to go to Oz or the US and was a convicted sex offender I very much doubt he'd ever set foot on Oz or US soil.

Not only does he set foot here, we give him a lifetime of welfare and free housing. Hell, we even have a few clowns left that think this is reasonable , god bless them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

That could be said about anyone who kills someone, and I think it’s a bit of a jump considering his motive couldn’t be ascertained.

With regards to his family. I commented before that their stance is hardly surprising because it happens all the time regardless of background. People chose to believe the truth that they find most comfortable to live with. Given this particular background it’s possible that they are quite used to seeing themselves as “victims” anyway.

There seems to be no record of how long, but puskas did work when he first came to Ireland, and if he got a doctor to sign off that he injured his back working, then unfortunately he's on the gravy train, labourers retirement.

If he rocked up to the social straight in a taxi from the airport with a note in Slovakian saying he was unable to work and was immediately put on disability, then yes, heads should roll.

• Advertisement

I grew up with a lad who's now serving life for murder, they found his clothes in the burning getaway car with gunpowder residue all over them and the next day he'd fled the country.

His mother, who is a lovely woman, still swears blind that he was just sitting in the car with his mates and had no idea what was about to happen, I'm convinced she actually believes it as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement