Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protecting the cable in the back of plasterboard void?

Options
  • 10-11-2023 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hello all,

I'm moving the cooker and need to re-situate the cable.

I need to push the cable behind the plasterboard where there is a one inch void with zero insulation sadly, so as to route it to the new spot.

Do I need to put anything over it, like plastic conduit or metal conduit or anything? I'm just worried about any future DIY enthusiasts sticking a screw through it and frying.

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi!

You should try to keep the cable within the hatched areas marked in the document referenced below, and provide metal conduit where it is outside of this.

There is a half-moon conduit used in some places to do this, it's nailed in over the cable as opposed to the wire being fed through steel tubing, but the electrical guys might know if it's common in Ireland.

Advertisement