If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty

Options
  • 10-11-2023 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭

Bought a Samsung tv off ye a few yrs back

vertical dark line problems

I’m still under warranty just checked

help pls

thank you

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Cork Finest.

Thanks for the post.

I think I replied to your emails this morning already so hopefully the ball is now rolling to get you sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

Contacted the Craigavon repair crowd again this morning

no reply

we are without a tv now 4 days it’s within warranty,

tv is totally out of action

i forwarded both pictures and a what’s app video,’

pls help

thank you

I’ve had to ring Craigavon again just now and honestly I’ll be withthout a tv for weeks the way these guys work

not good enough.

4 days now and Stephen ( Craigavon repair) told me I’ll just have to wait till they contact me about a pick up time.

so I’m getting a 2 day notice,

they collect tv and away with it etc,

realistically the way these ppl are working we will be without a tv for weeks,

I feel this is unfair,

as they will take a few days to collect

few days to check it

( it’s goosed) not working at all,

started with dark horizontal lines , then loud ticking noises,

then nada - nothing- gone

and in the meantime I’ve a teen looking at a wall🙄

can this be hurried on a bit?

PS the 2 video I sent clearly shows it’s done,

I went through the motions -

showing the process/ procedure/ problem

I’d appreciate you to take ownership of my problem,

I’ve always promoted richer sounds on different platforms etc

Hi Corks Finest.

Sorry to hear you think this is unfair but we have a repair process to follow and normal repairs can take a few or so weeks to get completed.

No one is hiding from taking owner ship of the issue and we have start our repair process to get the TV fixed or replaced and as you can imagine this takes longer than a few days.

The issue was reported on Friday, the repair team do not work weekends and have now been in touch today to arrange the call out so it is only 2 days and not 4 as stated above. Which in my opinion is pretty quick service.

I appreciate that the TV is in your words "Goosed" but we still have a procedure to follow to confirm this and take the relevant course of action.

The TV is also now 4 years old and covered by our 6 year guarantee in which the timeframe so far is well within our T&C's.

I'll check with the repair agents to see if they have a loan TV they can loan to you.

Again I understand you are unhappy but we haven't even had the chance to inspect the Television yet.

Thanks boy

excuse me for being a bit abrupt

yes I know there’s a process

mans understand that takes tone

mea culpa

• Advertisement

No problem at all Corks Finest.

I've spoken to the service team and asked them to try and sort things as quickly as possible for you.

If you do have any issues please let me know straight away.

Many thanks

Your welcome :)

That’s what I call customer care

That should read

obviously that takes time

( my mistyping is getting worse)

• Advertisement

Guy picked up tv early this morning,

left a replacement ( thank you)

lovely guy,

took mine away ( to the breakers I reckon)

again thank you RICHER SOUNDS and your unique 6 years warranty,

and FYI prior to purchase I went locally to 5 different companies to price match RS ,

they wouldn’t or couldn’t,

despite me having cash in my pocket etc,

so I’ll be sticking with ye,

and my kid will be shopping for a decent set of headphones for Xmas from ye,

already highlighted RS on a pop Irish forum ( TFK( the free kick)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Rows,

Thanks for the support and comment but we would rather deal direct with the Customer.

Again we appreciate the support but we are already dealing with the OP and hopefully we can manage his expectations.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Corks,

thanks for your posts and apologies for any delay in our responses - we do offer our Customers a 6 year guarantee on most TV's but I am sure you will understand we also have a process that we have to go through to either repair or replace TV's and we do not put a firm timescale on this process - we try to ensure all Customers with our 6 TV Year guarantee are dealt with in a reasonable timescale and we also ask Customers to be reasonable with their expectations.

I have had a quick check and it looks like you reported the issue on Friday, unfortunately the independent authorised service agents for the brand you purchased do not work weekends - but on Monday morning you have complained about our service.

We really appreciate you have a teen without their TV (we all feel your pain!), but again I don't think most retailers will offer you a 6 year guarantee or to repair or replace your TV within less than 2 working days from date the issue was reported (especially given the age of your TV).

I understand Jess who manages our service admin is on the case and looking after your issue and I have asked Jess to give Craigavon TV who are the independent authorised service agents a prod to determine how best to address your issue within a reasonable timescale and hopefully to your satisfaction.

I hope this is helpful but as ever please do keep Jess posted if there are any other issues or if you are still unhappy and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

All sorted - did u not get the other messages?

Hey Corks Finest.

I think your last message may have been missed before John posted his reply.

I'm glad everything was sorted in a timely manner for you :)

When your looking those headphones just drop me a PM and I'll see what deals there are.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.