Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt electric credit - gas bigger bill

Options
  • 10-11-2023 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've read on citizensinformation.ie that this credit is only applied to the electric bill. My mother has gas central heating which was high bills last year. She uses little electricity so she is actually still in credit (> €100) as of today since last winter.

She uses Electric Ireland for the electric and Board Gas for the gas. I was wondering if I got her to switch providers for one of them, do they bill separately for both services or is it combined, in which case the credits could offset the gas usage?

I've only electric so no experience to draw on, but my mate thinks they bill separately, is this the case?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭gipi

They bill separately, credit on one wouldn't switch to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Alonzo Mosley

As far as I know you can only get an electricity credit because not every household uses gas. Every household uses electricity hence the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭Allinall

If she still has €100 credit from last year, then she has had no electric payments all year, which is where the saving is made.

She just has a bit of a delay in getting the savings ( €100 still to go), but it will all balance out in the end.

Just make sure she is on the best rate for her gas ( and electricity) usage.

Advertisement