Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A6 front bushings

• 10-11-2023 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased a 2016 black edition A6 - I decided to get it serviced with an Audi main dealer - just to get it checked over along with a major service.

any way it now transpires that my car has front bushings/wing suspension arms gone - they sent me a video of the car up on the ramp. I have been quoted €1050 to get the work completed.

just out of curiosity, if I take my car to independence garage/Mechanic- would anyone have a rough idea what the job above would cost ?

I would like if they could use genuine/good quality replacement parts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭shabbyalonso

I have a 152 Audi A6 s-line. I've had it serviced through main Audi dealer but won't be any more as they just seem to be too expensive. On another thread of mine, I talked about the rather hefty fees they were looking to charge for various bits of work (which I wasn't even confident was required). The feedback there was that Audi are beyond market price when it comes to hourly labour rates. Given that our cars are now 7-8 years old, I wouldn't be as concerned with having full Audi service history nor getting any work done by Audi. I think an independent is the way forward.

I don't know the answer to your specific question I'm afraid re: cost but I would imagine that you'll get it done cheaper elsewhere.

Separately and on a side note - a pal of mine works in liberty insurance and said that for any insurance claims re: Audi's, they simply do not work with Audi main dealers any longer as their rates are too high. Said that it applies to other insurance companies too. Backs up the feedback about their rates.

Best of luck with the car by the way. I really like mine so I hope you enjoy yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭User1998

I’d imagine it would be close to half that figure.

Advertisement