Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone is a joke!

Options
  • 11-11-2023 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm tied into a contract with Vodafone broadband, no problem there apart from the fact that I'm moving to temporary premises and so can't take it with me as the temp house owners don't want it.

So; i call Vodafone and ask if i can swop my existing fixed broadband to mobile broadband thus allowing me to take it with when i move again. "No" they say! "It's a different department". I point out that it's the same company and she laughs as if I'm simple and says again that it's a different department and they are 2 completely different systems.

Transpires that my only option is to cancel the contract for €472 (which is €112 more than if i let it run) and then buy a mobile modem and take separate mobile contract.

21 years, 2 mobiles and a broadband landline and this is the service I get!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 board silly

rest assured that they will starve with the rest of us after the imminent economic catastrophe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,496 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I thought their moving house team will go through what they can do and if they can't provide a solution at your address then they release you from your contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Tow

The OP probably short circuited the process by telling VM what to do.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

They used to anyway. I would ask for the home move team here instead and when speaking to home move team tell them you CAN only go with Mobile Broadband and you're happy to move to that instead. Normal care agents aren't renowned for thinking outside the box. If the home move team say that fibre or something is available at the new address and they'll give you that instead you could just say that there's an issue with getting the cable installed in the house and ask to go with mobile broadband instead. I don't care that that's not true but better than getting charged termination fees.

Advertisement