Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soils Export figures inaccurate

• 11-11-2023 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi

Thanks to a previous answer to a different query, I was pointed to the ESB networks site to download import and export figures for the grid. Based on that for the import I was told to divide the figures by 2. I've now been doing the same for the export figures and on average what the ESB networks figures are giving me, it's approx. 3 times what my Solis app/web is telling me. If the ESB figures are true and that's what will be eventually used for my FIT payment, that's great news. Just wondering is this normal, a known bug in Solis, a mis-config in Solis, or am I going to be disappointed and the Solis is the more accurate.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

In my experience, the Solis and ESBN export data for any month don't show more than a 1% discrepancy

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pad406

Ok, well first (post install of the panels) bill arrived today and my FIT was 104kWh on it.

ESBNetworks shows as 103.49 for the billing period (11/10 to 10/11)

Solis as 28.48

This is the report from the Solis web, I added the ESB for the days on the right (it only started recording export on 24/10).

Makes sense that my supplier credits me based on the ESB figures for obvious reasons, but if the export figures for the Solis is so far out can I rely on any figures there?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

what is the esb networks site showing on the export graph for the same time period?

Pretty similar to the HDF if I plot that out.

ESB Site

HDF Plot

Note HDF has no data, either import or export from 19:30 on 25/10 to 10:00 on 28/10.

Just noticed that the 27 & 28 in the sheet above were manual 'guesses' I had entered, there is no data for that

• Advertisement

really unusual for the solis to be that much out.. any chance of graphs of the solis?

If the wrong ct was somehow used for the meter, it could throw off the export measurement

This one?

Just noticed now that the Solis is showing

But EDDI shows

I know there's a delay on Solis, but no way is 3.16kWh being used in house at the moment

The calculation for house use would be

Use = solar - export - battery charge + battery discharge

So if it's not seeing the export, it thinks it's house use.

There's something wrong with the meter (although Keeping the balance will still work fine as it's trying to keep grid at 0 when importing, that's why the battery is charging and discharging fine)

Thanks, I'll get onto the installers and ask them to check it out.

Advertisement