Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

has anyone here got a full licence with all categories ? what does it look like front and back ?

• 12-11-2023 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wsa30h

title says it all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Do you want my driver number and photo too? Let me know if you want my credit card number too…

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wsa30h

just want to see the categories no picture the writing on the front and back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

Its a joke. OP is possibly trying to scam someone

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Can you not google image search? plenty of samples including from "fake id world" for €159

https://images.app.goo.gl/JoyPEPnX5NFgqqqF9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

My father has one and he never sat a test for any of the categories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wsa30h

imagine getting all categories without ever sitting a test how stupid can they be to give someone every category without testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

No tests prior to the 1960s! The person’s father might simply have been that old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Actually 1979 when there was an "amnesty" for 1000's waiting on tests caused by a post office strike

So assuming an age of 17+ looking for a test they could be 61+ now and still never sat a test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Just once it would be nice to see a licence thread without 'Dey didn't even do da tests yearses ago'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

In the 1979 amnesty you only got a B licence or whatever you where waiting to get tested.

My Dad and Uncles have all categories without sitting any test, they just went to the local garda station and ticked the boxes. I did it the hard expensive way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

We don't like to let facts get in the way of a good story.

We all know that they handed out full drivers licences with every category to school children,

The story of Sylvester Barrett the then minister for environment in 1979 (45yrs ago) giving licences only to those on the waiting list for a test, who were on their 2nd or subsequent provisional getting a full licence, only for the category they were waiting to be tested for, doesn't sound as sexy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

There was something about the changeover from the old red wallet type licence to the flimsy pink one back in the 1980's. I was asked if I wanted an extra category added (I forget which one) when I got my first pink flimsy, all I'd need is a medical. I never bothered.

Maybe it was because there was some crossover between the old vehicle categories and the European ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Joe 90

The driving test arrived sometime in the mid 1960s. Before that you just filled in the form and sent it to to county council with the fee, £1.

17 for a car licence, 18 for a truck and 21 for a locomotive.

If I remember correctly a farmer's son could legally drive a tractor on the road at 14. I'd assume that in those enlightened days a car licence covered you for a tractor.

The full licence giveaway in the late 2970s was for those on their secy provisional licence. It was due to the long delay for the driving test.

When I did the test in 1967 I applied for the test at Easter and did it in mid September.

I knew people who just ticked all the boxes when renewing their licence and got all the categories without doing any further test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Bingo, you see guys advertising Irish drives license on Facebook so I guess this is what they are up to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Look at some of the other threads stated by the OP...

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement