Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in the cork area that would fit pvc wall cladding to walls and ceilings of bathroom?

• 12-11-2023 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi

Ive noticed pvc wall cladding becoming more and more popular for bathroom walls rather than big heavy tiles these days. I fitted some myself in my back hallway a few years ago, went well but wouldnt fancy the trouble of trying to do all that again in a bathroom. Is there any plumbers or tilers that also fit these types of wall panels rather than tiles? If anyone has any experience doing it or knows anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Definitely not getting popular in private homes. Landlord's put them in property they rent out because it's cheaper than retiling an old shower. I have never seen same landlord putting PVC in their own bathroom no matter how many times they use it in rentals.

They make a poor substitute for tiles. Tiles provide grounds to support shower, shower pole and bathroom fixtures. If you do go for PVC then make sure you put proper grounds behind it. Putting it over tiles is OK. Putting it on plaster board is not OK. You need plywood if no tiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

apologies to drag up an old topic but can I repeat the OP's question, are there any tilers that would fit this type of panelling in Cork?

Advertisement