Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs santa has arrived

Options
  • 12-11-2023 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Do you do anything on Christmas eve to show signs that santa has been? We've knocked coals over the floor in the past, would like to try something else this year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,313 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Sprinkle flour near the fireplace and leave footsteps in it.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

We always took bites out of the carrots and left crumbs. Always left crumbs on Santa's plate and drank all his guinness!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Christmas cake that I had left out being eaten was the only one that I remember.

To be honest, once the presents were delivered, that was sign enough for me. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We always leave the door of the stove open when we go to bed so that he can get out easily & there are always ashes on the floor the next morning. He left a footprint in them last year as far as I remember. Always scoffs his treats too - crumbs everywhere, consequence of eating on the run!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

For us as kids, it was the sock at the end of the bed. If it was full of sweets then the big fella had been, if it was empty then he hadn't. Worked great to keep us in bed when it mattered - cause, he knows if you're sleeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Great thread

New to the big man coming to our house but great ideas (little one 2.5 years)

me too @Posy the toys were always enough sign the big man had been I know I did leave out Guinness probably some Kimberly biscuits too

@Tazium love that idea of the stockings

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Love this thread! :)

Santa always left the stove door open with a mess of ashes at bottom of it ;) He also left a mess on wee table where cake and carrots were, never a drop left of the brandy lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Socks for us too... remember many a night springing up hoping to feel the sock had presents in it so I knew he had come. Don't know how my parents got it done without waking us!

Advertisement