Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draught coming from Fuse Box

• 13-11-2023 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi there,

My fuse box is located in a porch extension of my house and there’s a major draught coming through this and from behind this even though I’ve recently had external insulation installed and also had the porch roof insulated last year. The fuse box itself seems quite old and has gaps and bits missing.

Any ideas on the best way to deal with this and if it’s possible to get an insulated cabinet built around this? The temp in the porch is significantly lower than the rest of the house.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭Buffman

I used to have one with some gaps like that in a rented house, except it had a built in door attached, but still let a fair draft in. LL didn't care to do anything so I patched up the gaps with some electrical tape and it helped a lot. Looked terrible but had a door so didn't matter much.

Another alternative for you there is to get the odd sized old fuse holder on the bottom row (2nd from left) replaced with a standard sized MCB, and get the top row moved over slightly left to their correct positions, and that would let you fill the gaps with the correct sized blanking plates like those already installed.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement