Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choosing girls new bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

If she knows about it ask her to choose.

It may not be the best from a component/bargain point of view but if she likes the look of it she's likely to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I was thinking it could be a gift from Santa.

It's the size I'm unsure of. She has 20 inch wheels now. I'm also wondering should I look at a hybrid or a standard bike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If Santa is on the cards, its a good sign. In my house, Santa appreciates kids going out and having more knowledge about what my kids would like so if she can trial run a few bikes, it would be a good call.

The truth is, at that age, a standard or road bike is immaterial, it's what your daughter prefers. Santa tends to make the right choice but let her know, if she can give him guidance it is appreciated. He has alot of kids to make happy and anything that lightens the load.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Thanks i know she's outgrown the 20 inch wheels and full size seems to be 26 inch but there seems to be a 24 inch

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Probably best to go off her height rather than wheel size as can find smaller or bigger frames on 24 and 26 wheels. Something like the below if she’s not too tall or a Frog 69 or 71 if Santa’s feeling flush might be good.

Those options would be a good bit lighter than the Halfords ones so would be a lot more enjoyable to cycle for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

I would say that the original bike would likely be too small. Her height would be needed to be sure, but the guide ages were 6-11. If she 11 soon then she will likely outgrow the bike pretty soon, if not already too tall

Santa is bringing new bike for a tall 6 year old girl here, so familiar with the search. 24 inch wheels on the one opted for

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If Wiggle is still open, worth checking if Santa has looked at their Vitus range. My son got one from Santa, way lighter than Halfords bikes and actually kept his interest in cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

I have bought Woom bikes for my girls so far. My 9yr old is tall and just about fits on their 24” Woom 5. It’s very light. In saying that I’m going to go for a virus 20” from chainreaction for the younger one as it’s as light and better value.

Advertisement