If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG49-SK8100PLA and Magic remote driving me to distraction

Options
  • 14-11-2023 4:09am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some help please.

LG49SK8100PLA with magic remote, SK9y sound bar with extra speakers etc, and LG Blue ray, Sky Plus and an old Ariva Sat box attached, the magic remote is driving me to distraction, it is losing the magic synchronisation on an increasingly regular basis, and now I've spent the better part of an hour trying to get the wretched thing to reconnect, it's been given new batteries in the remote, it won't unpair, which means it is unpaired already, and now the TV is telling me that the bluetooth needs to be initiallised, which I've tried to force by doing a complete power down, wait for a minute and power up. ,but still nothing. Before this it was losing the remote magic connect sometimes 3 or 4 times a day, which then means it can't control channel changes on the sky box.

Any ideas, as at this stage I'm plumb out of them, I've tried everything that's worked in the past, and not very happy with this thing right now.

Thanks

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Irish Steve.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the magic remote.

I've passed the info over to our service team to see if they can shine any light on things.

If you could also drop me over your full name in a PM and i can locate your account on our system.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Kenny,

Happy to be able to report that Craigavon arrived here on Saturday morning, after calling on Friday to confirm that would be OK, it took a while to get the parts they wanted from LG, they swapped out the bluetooth board in the set, and replaced the remote, the new one is a later version, and so far, it's working 100%, which is a big help, as it was causing all manner of problems with app interaction and the Sky box.

The longest job was getting the set off the wall mount bracket, it went up 5 years ago, and remembering how it was all done wasn't easy, so it took the two of us a few minutes to get it down off the wall mount, a stripped screw thread didn't help, but it all worked out fine in the end, and they kept us in the loop about the anticipated timing, so we're all happy with that.

Best regards

Steve.

Hi Irish Steve.

Happy Days that everything is now back up and running with no issues!

Fingers crossed you'll not get anymore problems and you can get back to not wanting to pull your hair out :)

Kenny,

Thanks and absolutely, there's precious little hair left at this stage, so yes, I will be happy to be leaving it alone, and a working remote means I can now navigate things like playing videos from the laptop reliably, I've been exploring a new find of Andre Rieu, a young incredible young lady (15), Emma Kok, all over Youtube, her video of a performance at Andre's summer show in Maastricht has gone well and truly viral, close to 30 Million views in 3 months, among other things she's done, she will be appearing in Belfast and Dublin next May, and if you're into serious entertainment, I can strongly recommend her, Andre is a perfectionist, and no one gets near his stage if they're not exceptional, and for sure, Emma is, so having everything working well again now has made me very happy over the weekend.

Best regards

Steve

Happy Days Steve :)

I'll be sure to check Emma Kok out on Youtube and you never know she might have herself another follower.

If we can be of any help in the future please don't hesitate to drop me a post or PM.

• Advertisement

Kenny, I will shout when we need some new kit, and thanks, for Emma, you initially want the official video of Voila,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdIhq1tb8Co&t=315s

There are several alternatives, and once you've heard the full story, it's complex, some of the alternate videos that have French to English subtitles on them, the best version for the subtitles is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=telyzClalVs

She's singing a modified version of a song from Eurovision 2021, originally sung by Barbara Pravi, in French, it came second, so not by any means an obscure piece, and if you can do it, volume levels as high as you can get away with, the overall effect is much better, my SK9y has been set to previously unknown levels recently, and it's worth it!

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve.

I'll be sure to check her out :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.