Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spawell academy to be demolished

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭blue note

I knew Dublin GAA were looking to develop that area years ago, but I didn't realise (or had forgotten) that it would be the end of the driving range. It's a shame for the golfers in the area and for those who had developed the golf facility. Anyone who listens to the Golf Weekly pod I'm sure has a fondness for the place.

I'd love if they can move somewhere nearby, but I can't imagine there are many free sites in that area and definitely can't imagine they'd be affordable for someone looking to build a driving range. Peter Lawrie was talking on the last pod about indoor facilities - I wonder will he go down that route somewhere.

From a GAA point of view, there's a massive dearth of pitches and other facilities in Dublin. There might be loads, but there's nothing like what is needed. I wish they weren't developing this at the expense of a golf facility, but it will be great use of the land.

Advertisement