Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby Pacific 2024

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭theVersatile

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I just read that now.

That is so tragic. 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

Dreadful news about Connor Garden-Bachop

May he rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

On this day 29 years ago Jonah Lomu scored 4 tries against England.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Coverage of the final just started on Sky Sports Action

• Advertisement

• Insane stat there a few mins ago on the quality of the Blues scrum this year - they’ve won a penalty on 42% of their own put ins (Chiefs at 13% by contrast).

36kgs difference in pack weights, to the Blues

That first try given to the blues was very unfair. you couldn't even see the grounding.

• Yeah I thought it was extremely marginal, and thought given it was “no try” on the field I didn’t see that being overturned.

Blues have been the better side so far though.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭fitz

Hasn't really been much of a contest, this. Blues just steamrolling the Chiefs.

Be very interesting if razor brings this blues game plan into the test team, they are incredibly effective

Largest winning margin in a final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Will be interesting to see what Robertson does with the 10 situation with Mo'unga gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Woohoo!!!!! It was finally our year 😁

Congratulations YR.

Hopefully the next one won't be 21 more years

This was the lineup for the 2003 final, Blues vs Crusaders

Auckland: Doug Howlett, Rico Gear, Mils Muliaina, Sam Tuitupou, Joe Rokocoko, Carlos Spencer, David Gibson, Xavier Rush, Daniel Braid, Justin Collins, Ali Williams, Angus Macdonald, Kees Meeuws, Keven Mealamu, Deacon Manu.
    Replacements: Lee Stensness, Orene Ai'i, Craig McGrath, Mose Tuiaili'i, Brad Mika, Tony Woodcock, Derren Witcombe.

Canterbury: Leon MacDonald, Marika Vunibaka, Caleb Ralph, Daniel Carter, Joe Maddock, Aaron Mauger, Justin Marshall, Scott Robertson, Richard McCaw, Reuben Thorne, Chris Jack, Brad Thorn, Greg Somerville, Mark Hammett, David Hewett.
    Replacements: Scott Hamilton, Andrew Mehrtens, Ben Hurst, Sam Broomhall, Johnny Leo'o, Greg Feek, Slade McFarland.

SOme utter legends in both teams.

Someone once told me that Rico Gear, sounds like a Brazilian drug dealer, I will never stop laughing at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

First All Blacks squad named. Scott Barrett named captain.

5 uncapped players- Cortez Ratima, Billy Proctor, George Bell, Pasikio Tosi, Wallace Sititi

• They've also named Sam Darry, Ruben Love, David Havili and George Bower as extended squad members to cover for potential injuries.

The big calls seem to be giving Scott Barrett the captaincy over Ardie Savea, and picked Wallace Sititi at 8 over Hoskins Sututu.

• Advertisement

and picked Wallace Sititi at 8 over Hoskins Sututu.

yah thats a huge call imho. 8 is a stacked position though, with Ardie, sititi, sotutu and Iose all deserving of featuring at test level, this season.

i would have had both Sititi and Sotutu in the squad, and less crusaders players to be honest. Blackadder is in there on reputation alone, cos its certainly not down to form. 5 starts this season only as hes perma injured.

How Bell is there is beyond me, even apart from the injury to taukei'aho. Ricky Ricitelli is absolutely more deserving of that spot.

delight for ratima, though youd guess Riogard would have been there if not injured. Fakatava can feel a little hard done by as well, but very hard to argue the 3 lads in there arent more deserving. Christie has had an excellent season and i hope hes the starting 9.

Fletcher newell and tamati williams can also feel a bit lucky.

hows theres only 1 of the blues front row there is beyond me, they blew every single opposition scrum out of the water, winning penalties on something mental like 42% of their scrums.

the biggest question is whether razor will take on board the Blues very direct style or not.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Don't know if the ABs can play that style against the Boks. I think they'll have to combine the Blues direct physical confrontational style with the Hurricanes and Chiefs backline play.

I'm not too surprised by the lack of Bluea forwards in the ABs. They're a great pack but individually they're nothing special. Sotutu is the only I'm puzzled by. Ioane ruled himself out by signing to play in Japan. I'd love to see Darry and Ricetelli get a run in the ABs but Ricetelli might be too old for a debut.

Advertisement