Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gov Electricity Credit 23/24 .. where is it?

• 14-11-2023 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭

This year - the payments will be applied to bills on December 1st, 2023, January 1st, 2024, and March 1st, 2024.

Last year the first payment was made in November 2022. The second electricity credit in January 2023. The third made in March 2023.

So does this mean many if us will miss the first credit this year because its paid out December 1st as opposed to November 1st? I ask this because I think, most of us our billing cycles are every two months? Just got our energia two bills this month and both due this month as was last year. However last year the credit was applied BUT not this year.

On last years Elec bill at this time it said - "Please Note: The Government Electricity Credit will be applied to this bill and the credit will be deducted from the Bill Amount displayed above. You will see a credit equal to €200 including VAT (€183.49 against your bill and €16.51 VAT)." However - NOT this year for same bill.

Post edited by aidanodr on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Allinall

The credit will be allied to your account on 01st December, and will be shown on your next bill after that date.

There should be no scenario where you miss out on any of the credits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

But note the difference of the month from last yr / this yr

This year - the payments will be applied to bills on December 1st, 2023, January 1st, 2024, and March 1st, 2024.

Last year the first payment was made in November 2022. The second electricity credit in January 2023. The third made in March 2023.

In our case our Energia bills are every 2 months - so Jan/Feb, Mar/Apr .. Sept/Oct, Nov/Dec

The credits are for Dec and then Jan 24 but the gap to March 24. What bills will the Dec 1st and Jan 1st credit be applied too???

Last year as 1st credit was on Nov 1st we got that credit off our Sept/Oct bill & it stated so on the bill, not so this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Allinall

The first credit will be applied to your November- December bill.

The second will be applied to your January- February bill.

The third will be applied to your March- April bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭89897

My reading is that you'll get Dec credit off your Nov/Dec bin, Jan credit off Jan/Feb bill and March credit off March/Apr bill.

In my case I'll get no credit for my Oct/Nov bill, Dec and Jan credit off my Dec/Jan bill and March credit off my Feb/March bill.

Thank you, thats probably it. I thought it was going to be the same as last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,389 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Last year is history. You will get the credits applied to your account on the specified dates. I don't know why you are worried about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭MikeCairo78

The credits will be applied to your account on the stated dates. If the dates correspond with 1 bill on your bi monthly billing cycle then two credits will apply to that particular bill (December / January). Olden days it was traditional to be on a bi monthly billing cycle however very easy to change(many people have changed to every month billing so that there are no nasty surprises that come with two monthly bills in recent times with the increases in kwh unit pricing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The credit isn't targeted to particular bills - it's applied to your account, and will be put against bills that then get charged to that account as they come in.

My credit last year lasted way longer than it was intended to as I'm a very low user of electricity, I only recently started actually paying bills again.

Thanks .. thats what confused me - I thought they applied to bill periods which in many cases are every 2 months so this years credit dates different from last year threw me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Nope, it's as if they give you the cash, but you can only spend it in the electricity shop. How quick you spend it is up to you.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Yip, we have Gas Central heating and then the Electricity. Both of us do some WFH so both elec and gas used more so in winter. Our bills for elec 2 month period usually around €200+ this time of year and Gas can be around that also if heating on a lot. Thats for 2 people, i cant imagine what it is for a larger family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭mykrodot

to be honest I think we are very lucky to be getting credits this year especially as a lot of providers have substantially reduced their prices. I don't care when they pay the credits, I'm just happy to be getting them. I can't see this going on into next year. At some stage it will revert to everyone paying their own bills again in full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

What is it this year? 3 x 150 euro credits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭apache

Advertisement