Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get nox value

• 14-11-2023 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Bought a car (2020) registered in Northern Ireland, it advertised the NOx Emissions at 0.029 g/km

However on the V5C its not mentioned.

The dealer I bought it off wasnt the main dealer the car was originally bought from?

Would they be still expected to provide this or do I have to go back to the main dealer

Has anyone any suggestions on how to overcome this on the VRT inspection

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

sorry I’m looking for evidence of the emission value. Iv checked the V5C and there is no nox value stated

If you scroll down the link page it tells you where the Nox figure on the V5C should be located. If it's not listed then that is odd. What car is it?

And if the V5C doesn’t have the figure where it should be located what can I do for VRT purposes

I have checked the V5C already hence why I posted here

You might need to get a dealer of the brand to get it using the car's VIN. Many just won't want to help though.

• Advertisement

Sound, would a dealer down south help or does it have to be UK?

I'd say try both to improve your chances but since it's still on UK plates try the UK first. They might be more helpful than an Irish dealer when it comes to imports.

Perfect, will try that. In terms of evidence is it just an email from the dealer that would suffice or do I need it to be in more trusted format?

I'd say Revenue would want some sort of official document from the dealer or manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A Certificate of Conformity is what you need. It's an official EU document and is what Revenue will accept. The manufacturer/distributor should be able to provide you with one. There may be a charge for it.

• Advertisement

I contacted the dealer and they came back with this

Your car is rated under the Euro Standard ( Euro 6 ) any Diesel car under this rating have a NOx rating 0.08g/km

Euro 6 emissions standards (diesel)

CO: 0.50g/km

HC + NOx: 0.17g/km

NOx: 0.08g/km

PM: 0.005g/km

PN [#/km]: 6.0x10 ^11/km

The standards were updated to include newer versions of vehicles impacted by the levels of emissions.

Its just an email, there is nothing official...

Any ideas if this will suffice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭kdevitt

You need a CoC - you need to contact the manufacturer to get one

Thanks all, I called Peugeot Ireland who were little help… started calling dealers in the republic close to borders. Sligo offered to help me and get the cert within 20 minutes. Paid them 120 euro for it but it was worth it with the turnaround

Glad you got sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭sligopaul

Not affiliated in any way to Kevin Egan motors ( Peugeot in Sligo ) but have found them helpful in the past

McGinleys in donegal were also very helpful, the gentleman got back to me after I dealt with Kevin Egan and pretty much explained what was needed, why sometimes its missing from the V5C and offered to help too but I had it sorted

As another poster mentioned its best to scatter gun dealers and see who will help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Good customer service always helps a business. Some just can't be arsed.

As the saying goes "If you like what we do, tell others. If you don't, tell us"

I'm surprised Peugeot Ireland couldn't/didn't want to help. They are part

of the Gowan Group.

It was Gowan Group I called....transferred me to Peugeot and once I mentioned the word import the lady on the end butted in with "I have to go to the country of origin for that " and wanted nothing to do with it. I then emailed them and got a response similar later.

Anyways all is sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Sounds like she belongs in the civil service. I worked for them for a long time and they always had great staff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement