Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Patio ballpark

Options
  • 15-11-2023 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

What do you think the price is to lay a 57M2 garden patio would be ( including clearing garden, french drainage and Porcelain tiles) in Dublin ? No other work

I have several quotes around 9,700. I can find the tiles themselves are around 3k retail price. We looked at some great limestone options but price to do garden seems around 8500 up no matter what's done.

I haven't seen any estimates on here lately so wanted to check if that's inline with what anyone is seeing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jonnygstar36

Hey! I was given a quote for similar job of €14,900 ,removal of old tiles, adding new foundation 60sq m, all porcelain tiles, drainage, adhesive, grouting which also includes raised railway sleeper beds 2ft high on each side of garden filled with compost/earth ready for planting . Taught was a bit much TBH.

would appreciate some feedback on this 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Grey123

How should porcelain tiles be put down. Chatting to a guy working in a tile shop today and he was saying concrete base and then adhesive but give the concrete a year to dry!

Can they be place in a sand base of some sort? I'm sure I've seen something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Don't put them on sand, its a quick and easy way of doing it, but not a long term solution. In a couple of years time you will be getting them all lifted and relayed on concrete.

Advertisement