Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GCN+ is dead

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What annoys me about so many cheap Vs expensive bike videos is that they haven't even covered what I would call the more interesting point - what is the sweet spot where an expensive bike becomes pointless for 99% of people.

They always use a 15k super bike. I'd like them to compare that to a 4.5k Canyon Ultimate with Ultegra Di2, DT Swiss carbon wheels, 7.7kg. Don't think there would be much difference at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

I've been watching GCN from near enough day 1. I think they've hit the simpsons problem now. How many times can you retell the same joke before it loses it's punchline. They've covered pretty much everything. Their earlier videos, what not to eat on a ride and bus tours etc… in GT's were a breath of fresh air at a time when the sport was pretty closed off. Now Manon is the latest to cover the 5th video on how to setup a tubless road tyre.

5 things every cyclist should bring with them. We've had that one about 4 times as well.

5 tools every cyclist should have? Yeah we've done that multiple times as well. We've even had Dan Lloyd giving us a breakdown to Pog's bike. A video that's been done very recently also. I hate to say it after all this time but I've pretty much checked out their youtube channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

That is why I think they need to lean more into the vlog style videos which have endless different opportunities as each one can be different. For example they had a few videos following Andrew Feather and his prep for the hill climb season. They could do a series 2 of that which would be much more entertaining than a new video on tubeless setup.

Advertisement