Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emirates are saying I have 40kg checked baggage in Economy Saver??

• 15-11-2023 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭

Searching for a long-haul flight and the result shows they have 40kg allowance in Economy Saver?

Surely a mistake, isn't 40kg only for Business?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I flew Emirates to Cape Town in September on an economy ticket. I had 2 x 23kgs allowance. I’m flying there again in March this time with Qatar & they also allow 2 x 23kg suitcases. One thing though, with Emirates they also weigh the carry on luggage. I think the allowance there is 7kgs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

interesting it's possibly split between 2 alright.. when I'm making the booking again I'll see if I can click a link on the weight to be sure.

I think they allow 32kg and then possibly 8kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

My son flew with Emirates to Dubai then on to Melbourne a few days later two weeks ago and his ticket allowed 30kg between two bags and up to 7kg for his carry on bag which was also weighed and it was around 9kg but they didn't charge extra for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭beachhead

Emirates is normally 30kg/7kg in economy,Qatar 25kg/7kg in economy.Higher classes more weight allowed.Depends on check in staff for charges if you are over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

US and Middle Eastern carriers often have hefty checked luggage allowances.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I had 2 x 23kg recently on Qatar so it's possible. What was annoying was we all about one 20kg luggage, so 26 unused kgs. But then they were VERY strict on how heavy hand luggage could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭beachhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

nah I checked with Emirates, it is indeed 40kg in economy on this particular route I'm looking at.

Sweet... as I will indeed need that this time

Advertisement