Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanksgiving

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Just back from seeing this. While it didn't break any new ground for the slasher genre it was a fun watch. Good pacing throughout and things moved along nicely. The Black Friday box store scene near the start was great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd a great time. Just back from it now. Nothing new or special, just loads of fun.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Thought it would be a thinly veiled attack on American consumerism, but that was a fairly solid slasher, even if the screen was crooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭p to the e

This is Roth in his "Cabin Fever" mode. Some silly laughs and over the top deaths that never takes itself too seriously. I wasn't expecting much but I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭apache

Me neither. Wasn't expecting much but enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭El Duda

Thanksgiving – 6/10

I feared the worse when I saw that Eli Roth was the director, but this is a solid 90’s slasher throwback that fans of Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer and Urban Legend will enjoy. There are two schlocky gore sequences that get a little bit Final Destination-y that were great fun and plenty of Thanksgiving puns. 

It is let down by poor characters and the humour is lacking in wit. They instead resort to profanity for some cheap laughs. My main gripe is that some otherwise inventive death scenes are almost ruined by the use of plug-in grade CGI effects that stand out like a sore thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Really enjoyed it. Great fun, over the top deaths, what's not to love. A big surprise really. 9/10

Advertisement