Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trade in Honda Jazz or sell privately

Options
2»

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭cobham

I think the passenger seat in front is bit short on legspace and knees can be too near dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

i sold my 2010 EX jazz to buy a 172 ateca in summer 22. i've missed the jazz ever since.

honda engineering is simply phenomenal. for a small car you could fit so much into the back of it, especially when the seats were folded flat and it acted like a small cargo van which my wife used to transport furniture to customers.

sold it at 12 years old and not once during the time i had it did a warning light ever appear on the dash, unlike the ateca which is about to have an ignition sensor replaced for the second time.

i know the above is of no use to the OP but the thread made me sentimental, apologies :(

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

I would ignore prices of used Fits, most of these don’t have an immobiliser and are being stolen v easily, making insurance hard to get. Not sure about Suzuki but you will get at least 1000 cash discount buying a Yaris Cross straight, ring a few dealers to get the best price.

That said you didn’t say mileage, colour, condition of your own so it’s hard to say what’s it’s worth privately but although they were sold in small numbers it’s a car that is highly desired in that market

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Patman1

The Honda has renound reliability and is so roomy and versatile.I think the Japanese cars are well designed and excellent overall.I guess we do form an attachment to cars though sometimes it's just pure aggrevation.

Thanks for your comments .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭User1998

All of the new model Honda Fit’s have alarms & immobilisers and cannot be stolen. Insurance is relatively easy to get. There are hundreds of them on the road.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the information,The Honda fits do appear to have some concerns in the buyers mind whether real or not.

My Honda has lowish mileage 74000 km in perfect condition etc.A few Toyota dealerships have offered a reduction for cash so that would make selling privately attractive.

Cheers

I’d price yours at 14k private. An Irish, one owner in good condition, ES spec with that low miles should sell quickly. Presume you have full service history? If you got 13k for it you’d still be up a couple of grand on the cost to change.

I might be wrong and newer ones have immobilsers but regardless most people wouldnt touch a Jap import so I stand by my comment that I wouldn’t compare prices of them

Post edited by Casati on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭User1998

Nobody is paying €4,000 more for an identical car just because its Irish. Especially not privately. The private value is €10,000. Probably less if its not an automatic hybrid. (Which I presume it isn’t)

Thanks for your advice very welcome indeed. There is no doubt that if I can sell it privately the overall cost of the new car will be less.

I have placed an ad in car zone and cars Ireland today and will see how things develop. Might put it in donedeal as well.

90% of the Honda jazz cars advertised seem to be Honda fit Japanese imports.

Cheers

Thanks for taking the time and for the good advice. The Japanese imports may be good value and trouble free but common perception is somewhat different. There's definitely plenty of them for sale and very little private Irish cars for sale. I have placed an add today and we'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

its not that easy to sell a “more expensive” car privately unless there’s a strong saving vs retail.

Once it heads towards 5 figure sums the market drops off considerably as understandably people with no experience of buying cars shy away

Yes it's true, the majority of private buyers are looking for low priced cars and a garage purchase gives a sense of certainty.The Honda Jazz is popular with some as they have a reliable reputation and not too many genuine Irish cars for sale so that might help.Lots of dealers selling Japanese imports at biggish prices is the alternative.

Definitely trading in is simplest but a private sale is worth a punt.

Cartell value the car at €16500 for sale, I have priced mine at €13500 .

Cheers

Thank you for your good wishes.

Cheers

Advertisement