Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who keeps 400k in cash at home?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Does anyone remember the news story that the owner of the head shop/adult shop on Capel Street that was burnt down was anxious to get to back into the basement as their was a massive sum of cash in the safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I don't know about buying horses but I know most cattle aren't bought or sold with cash anymore. I buy and sell a few cows and never deal with cash anymore. That day is gone.

I know a chap that tried to buy a tractor with 30k cash a couple of years ago, he looked at 3 and only one of them would take cash and only about 5 k of it. It was useless to them

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭m2_browning

Should have used bitcoin

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

I think it depends on your browser. Try using Firefox and reloading and clicking on the article before the cookies load. You've a chance of reading the articles then. Or try archive.md in Firefox.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭brokenbad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

Maybe there was no cash really stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

A different ethnic group according to charters would take a cheque but only made out to Alice Cash.

Advertisement