Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Apple TV, Music etc with new device

Options
  • 16-11-2023 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭

When I got my iPhone 12 a few years ago I think I got 12 months free Apple TV and music. Possible it was a shorter period.

Last year I bought a new Mac Book Pro and was in the blurb I'd be getting free Apple TV with it.

However I didn't and when I followed up with Apple, it was because I had previously gotten the offer. I asked if I used a different ID for my Mac Book would I have gotten offer and they told me yes, however as I had already set the Mac Book up, it wouldn't work as the offer was tied to the first account to set the device up.

So my question, I'm getting a new iPhone. Wondering if I create a new account to set it up, will I get a free period on TV or music? Plan would be get the deal and load the account onto the TV and then just log back out of the phone and use my regular ID

Has anyone done this?

Does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,474 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It should work but you won't have syncing between devices, especially music, if you use that.

I do find it annoying that Apple do this and don't reward you more when you buy a new expensive device.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

thanks. yea its annoying alright, especially as it's also family linked so if anyone in your apple family has ever gotten the deal, then nobody else can get it

I don't think I'll be to worried about it synching as will just load it directly to the tv in the sitting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,071 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Tried to get my skygo working on this the other day, no luck, apparently I need a multiscreen subscription. Anybody got a work around for this?

Advertisement