Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rear foglights on 2015 Jetta

• 16-11-2023 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

A friend has a 2015 Jetta dsl and a few weeks ago it began showing a message " check right rear foglamp" and the icon for a failed bulb showed up on the dash .

However when I checked I discovered there is no rear foglight . When I checked the light switch it would turn on front fogs and second pull would turn on symbol on dash but no rear foglight . With switch on , a feed would be sent through one of the wires on right rear inner light but it was not connected to anything, And there was no place for another bulb ?????

I asked him about previous test and he said rear fogs were never a problem.

Why the failed bulb icon came on is puzzlling - but I noticed a PCB in the right rear inner light unit so maybe that's causing a problem.

Any ideas/opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mk7r

Is there a fog lamp on the left rear? The car could be coded incorrectly for a right hand fog lamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

Thanks for your reply.

There is no fog lamp on the left either - both sides have the same set up :

Brake light /parking light and indicator on the outside

2 parking lights (small capless) and reversing light (large capless) in the inside section .

There are no other bulbs - or bulb holders - anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Jetta has LED for rear fog light I thought.

Not this one

Post a pic of the rear lights, even the US soec has a provision for a rear fog lamp so it definitely has one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Rear fog lights have been mandatory to be installed on all new cars sold in Ireland for a while now, there's one there somewhere.

Thanks for replies . Will try to get a pic of the rear lights - can't seem to find similar on line.

I was also under the impression that a rear fog light was mandatory - and if there is only one it must be on the side nearest to the centre of the road. In this case it should be on the right hand side.

Browsing through Boards one night I came across a post where a quote from the NCT requirements was referring to foglights and used the phrase "where fitted" - the poster IIRMC was concerned about his imported car not having a rear foglight and was advised that the phrase "where fitted" would mean he would be OK without it.

A friend in the trade said some Jettas had one reversing light on the left and one foglight on the right ; however this car has 2 reversing lights , so no place for the foglight.

Did someone fit cheap crappy aftermarket rear lights to it?

The present owner bought it from her uncle and he had owned it from new - and it may have spent some time as a 'demonstrator' before he acquired it. But no record pf any repairs/changes etc up to now. And no problem re foglight at last test.

• Advertisement

My car (also a VAG group car) has what appears to be two reversing lights too, but in reality the one on the right is the only one. The other (left, nearest the ditch) is the fog light.

Should be the other way round, reverse on left, fog on right?

@dooroy the unit will have a part number on it, can you post the part number?

Will try to get part nos tomorrow

Advertisement