Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of a new Toyota Camry Hybrid. Any views?

• 16-11-2023 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭

Time to replace the haunted, dying Auris. Took a test ride today in a 2022 used one and it was s w e e t. Any views? Have owned Toyotas for many years, bought the Auris used and its clearly past its expiration date. Apparently Auris' had a reputation for reliability, well, you won't get me to agree with that.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Miscreant

A friend of mine has had a Camry Hybrid for the last 2 years and swears by it. Comfortable, powerful enough for his needs and has been ultra reliable. Toyota Hybrids have a lot going for them and it is well proven technology at this stage. I had an Auris Hybrid for 8 years and never a moment of trouble from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Did yours burn oil? That was the first thing that went wrong on my petrol Auris. Various people said "Oh, they do that, don't worry about it." Frankly, I was ready to dump the car then (maybe 4 years ago) and probably should have, but hung on to it adding a litre about every 1000 miles. Can't wait to bring this car to the scrapper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Nope, didn't use a drop. It was the 1.8 petrol engine though using the Atkinson cycle so a different engine to the other available petrol models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The weirdest thing now is the last mechanic who got the car running again, said to call him if I ever want to dump it and he'd make me a good offer. The dealer's mechanics were all, "Oh, it's our most reliable car!" etc. etc. Not the only mechanics who've told me the same.

Again, can't prove it by me. I've had the occasional 'garage queen' but they usually were way better cars to begin with. The Auris drives like a sofa and has lousy acceleration, plus poor braking. Perhaps all those good, reliable Auris's out there are using my Auris like the Portrait of Dorian Gray.

Advertisement