Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IT self assessment late surcharge

• 16-11-2023 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I missed the deadline for filing my return and now face paying the rather unnecessary cost involved. The amount of tax payable has to be increased by 5% and I am wondering as to whether this amount can be accounted for as a business cost as it has essentially reduced my income or is it just taken that this figure is paid from my net earnings after tax.

thx in advance for any light shed on this issue

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

technically no. you can expense it in PL but you have to addback interest on late payment of tax when computing taxable profits.

into general expenses and say nothing is what some people would say to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

No. Fines etc are not allowed as a deduction against income

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭windowcills

Sorry to hear you were fined

If you have a good reason ring revenue as they might let you off once

and sure to keep your stuff in order, as they like to audit late payers

Advertisement