Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike discount one more question

Options
  • 17-11-2023 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi guys

Was asking in here about bike-discount the other day and seems all good,only thing I'm worried about is when I'm paying with PayPal what's the message at the bottom mean about you Authorize up to Eur 3,035.00 to include any additional charges.Never seen this with PayPal before and wondering would I be stung with another payment after paying the price shown

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Never seen that before. Probably more accurate to say I never noticed that before.

I’ve bought from them before, and about to buy something else. Genuine site.

Paying with PayPal would mean could dispute payment if any issues. I’d probably go ahead as is, as says only pay what you agree to

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

That is weird but does appear to be a PayPal thing rather than Bike Discount thing, BD include Irish VAT so there shouldn't be any additional charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Nothing to do with Bike discount... just make sure when you logon to their website to select the correct country so the Vat rate is right..

When I checked their site the same bike is coming in €84 less...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

First thing I calculated in my head but it appears he has 23% VAT on the bike. I had that issue with Bike Components for awhile where it said I was being charged Irish VAT at 23% but it kept jumping on the payment page. It was an error on the page, it was displaying german VAT but saying it was Irish VAT.

Advertisement