Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor to verify proof of funds

Options
  • 17-11-2023 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭

I have come to an agreement with a finance company to settle the outstanding debt left on a repossessed home but they are looking for the following information

We also ask that the below is confirmed by a solicitor acting on your behalf on their firms headed paper:

• Confirmation on whether the borrowers are Political Exposed Persons (PEP)
    • Confirmation that the funds are not derived from criminal conduct.
    • Confirmation of occupation of all borrowers
    • Confirmation the funds will derive from an Irish bank account

Can anyone advise what solicitor would be willing to do this as we have tried several and they state that they can't verify this and the finance institution won't give us names of solicitors to try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭kevgaa

The above are standard AML questions for source of funds. Who is looking for them the finance company?

If the funds are coming from another financial institution you would have passed AML rules with them. If its a cash lodgement then you will have to answer these questions and provide proof for source of funds.

This is between you and the financial institution. Solicitors will not do this as then are are liable if something happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this is what I am getting from the solicitors that they will not do it

The FI are insisting on it even though I have paid them the money from my bank account with the only money going into it is from my employer, very annoying as they won't give me a recommendation of a solicitor who can provide this guarantee

Advertisement