Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What wrong with people that don't pull blinds or curtains at night?

• 17-11-2023 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

.. on a busy street. They must realise when a bus stops outside their window, that everyone on the bus will be staring at them ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭506972617465

They don't care about privacy. To them strangers seeing them watching TV is nothing. Well, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

I notice college aged people living in towns generally like to do this. Kind of like the reverse peephole in Seinfeld. "I'm watching the watchers, Jerry!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I often don’t bother. I will if it’s cold but otherwise who cares! There’s nothing to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Exhibitionists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah no. I couldn't be having that, I am just too private I suppose. So much so that having had the downstairs refigured to semi open plan (turned out great), folk can now see through the front windows right to the back. Nope, not happening.

What if I want to vacuum in my underwear, or skip down at night in little or nothing to get some tea etc. Yeah Yeah a sight for sore eyes.

So I got some pull up, pull down blinds for the front window. Great stuff. I can pull them up from the bottom enough to see out from the middle to the top, but those passing can't see ME! I can use them conventionally from top to bottom too. So far so good. Everyone on the road has asked me where I got them. They were hard to source alright, as I had just googled and all the results were in UK or US. Anyway the nosey parkers are raging.

I suppose those who don't mind all and sundry looking in don't care, but I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dermot Bannon made it look trendy showing houses at the end of episodes with all the lights on and no curtains/blinds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If you’ve got it flaunt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭nachouser

Blind-ist thread. For shame, op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

When SF bring back the window tax they'll be sorry.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭clampedusa

Bet they all have Alexa too, and talk loudly about their personal issues and medical needs in public.

Thats the ma's special move, she'll visit, then when she's leaving she'll loudly ask if I have my specific brand and type of medication so that the neighbors all know about my distended testicles or whatever.

ok bye bye bye, safe home, yeah rainy isn't it ..... DO YOU HAVE YOUR SPECIAL TESTICLE RETAINER PANTS AND BALL ITCH POWDER.

yes yes, ixnay on the ...

OH AND I PICKED UP A WATERPROOF MATTRESS INCASE YOU HAVE THE BED WETTING THING AGAIN. I HAVE IT AT HOME NEXT TO YOUR TEDDYBEARS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,541 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I tried unsuccessfully to make a complaint to the local garda station about the neighbours wife always undressing with the curtains not fully closed. Coming out of the shower and then walking around the room toweling herself dry. Her husband works night shifts and every night he's at work she does it. Well I see her at it every night his car is gone.

The guard had the cheek to tell me I shouldn't have been binging a ladder into their back garden and climbing up it in the first place.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The Dutch are very into leaving their curtains open at night so all and sundry passing by can look into their “show” living rooms. Rather fascinating but just not for me.

It’s pretty weird and my sister always defied the local custom in her house by closing the curtains after dark.

I've heard that in Amsterdam at least, ladies leave their curtains open most of the time, but then close them temporarily when they get a customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

As the song goes, " She was pulling them up and pulling them down and forgot to pull down the blind"

There wouldn't be a lot of quiet country lanes with footpaths and apartment blocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

What’s wrong with people, looking into peoples homes when they have the curtains open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm the opposite when I had my own place. I rarely opened the curtains, but tis awful hard to play games during the day with the daylight reflecting off the tv. Used to open them for maybe an hour a day to air the place. Usually while I was hoovering. Then closed and goodbye outside world again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Doing it on purpose op 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Usually goes hand in hand with a well manicured lawn, snooker table driveway, meticulously trimmed box hedging etc etc

People who want spectators for the outside of their house, want spectators for the interior design as well. And night time is THE best time to see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Stop worrying about what other people are at. You do you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I just bring one of these on the bus. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dark Stanley.

Going home late last night

Suddenly I got a fright

Yeah, I looked through a window and surprise what I saw

Fairy boots are dancing with a dwarf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's a throwback to Calvinism which promoted openness and showing you had nothing to hide in terms of material wealth. I lived there for a while and we closed our curtains and blinds too though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

So, anyone here actually have stories of living near some young good looking people who don't cover the windows and love to ride each other all the time? 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Perverted bunch of exhibitionists Ted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I love having a nose in the window if someone has the lights on but has yet to close the blinds/curtains. It's just an interest in seeing how other people have decorated their homes. I remember when a friend had moved to a large new estate years ago, there were a load of 3 storey homes with the living rooms on the first floor. Loads of them didn't bother with curtains presumably cos they were up higher than usual. Loved going for walks with her to see all the houses, amazing how differently people can decorate the same space. (Yes, I am sad and nosey)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I like everyone to be able to see my Christmas tree when I put it up just before Halloween

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I did have a neighbour who used to sunbathe topless. Granted, that was me looking out of my rear bedroom window so kinda reversed. Those were good afternoons to wake up. Weather doesn't help, she only did it on the really, really hot days. Told me to enjoy the show when I mentioned it to her. She was lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,809 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I was reminded of this thread when reading Radio Times preview for new racy C4 drama series The Couple Next Door... might make some people think twice about not pulling the curtains.

By the end of this episode you’ll be left thinking just one thing: if only everyone closed their curtains properly and stopped walking out their front door wearing next to nothing, all of their problems would be solved.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement