Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corded or cordless clippers

Options
2»

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

I ordered one yesterday and they are out of stock, will have them back in at the end of the week or early next week, so they must be popular

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Gman1987

I have one. Their is a lot more compact ones out their but I went for the Ergo due to the large battery. I just use it for tails and it does a great job there. One issue I see with them is the battery connection needs to be redesigned as its flimsy, connection broke on one of my batteries so that cost me circa. 80 quid. Have the machine about three years now, does circa. 90 tails four times a year. When I was buying it they said 1. Keep the batteries switched around as they need to be used and 2. dont bother with the oil supplied, instead make up 50:50 mix of milking machine oil/green diesel in a tub and stick the head into it every two/three tails, that lubricates the blade and also clears out any hair that has made its way into the head causing friction. They gave me a free spare blade at the time but I'm still on the original one and its still as good as day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

They’re cheap for a reason..plenty of trouble from ours, and not too much work..corded is king here..

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Gman1987

Second Battery went today so that’s two batteries having to be replaced in three years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Daragh Quinn has the Clipster Cordless for €265 with 2 batteries and extra cutter & comb.

Too early for reliability assessment but we are very pleased with performance and battery life of ours, dagged a lot of ewes and no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Sami23

Advertisement