Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed Limit coming out of Cork

Options
  • 19-11-2023 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Coming out of Cork on the M8 tonight, up the hill towards Glanmire right after the new on ramp, the last sign I saw said 100, Google Maps said 60, I was debating with myself which was correct and then I passed a speed van doing 80.....

Is it 100 or 60?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Leatra

It's been a while since I drove out that way but if you saw a sign that said 100 after Dunkettle I imagine you're fine. A lot of that area was dropped to a 60 limit but some of it has been revised back up as the works area changes in these last stages of the roadworks, so Maps may be out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jcb21

That road is 100. The speed sign was recently moved and is now closer to the slip road that comes from the city/ Vienna woods direction. During the road works it was further up the m8

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FR85

Leatra and Jcb21, thanks so much. Just wasn't sure and normally I trust Google. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Still 60 in a lot of areas near the tunnel and as you head east.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Ramp coming from city to tunnel is still 30 not sure if it will change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FR85

I was Kildare bound on the north side of the roundabout and on the M8. Very confusing set up

Advertisement