Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed - accidental immersion tank issue

• 19-11-2023 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

So I'm not sure what I've done and am new to owning a house. I am disabled so don't have a a lot of money so have been doing what I can task-wise, so please don't judge my mistake.

Yesterday I wanted to drain, clean and cover the water tank in my attic. (I have been quote €120 for someone to do this). I held up the ball cock, ran the bath, stirred the tank to drain the dirt and scooped out some rubbish that was in it.

I then cleaned the tank, placed the ballcock back down to let it refill with a few milton tablets in it, and covered it up with an insulated cover.

Now, I ran the water from both bath taps to empty the tank, which was probably the stupid thing.

So this morning I get up, pop the immersion on for my shower (the light comes on) and wait the 30mins for the water to heat.

But when I get in the shower I'm greeted with ice cold, and vaguely milton scented, water.

There was no hot water and the immersion tank wasn't hot at all.

Have I accidentally drained the immersion tank and if so, how do I refill it? (Instructions as if you were talking to a 12 year old would be appreciated! )

Is there something else gone wrong?

I know I f*ed up somewhere and am now just worried that in a bid to keep costs down I've made an expensive mistake.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,479 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Maybe 30 minutes just isn't long enough to heat the tank after completely refilling it with cold water?

Maybe try getting water out of a hot tap first, whatever grit and dirt was stirred up mightn't be good for the shower if so wait for the water to run clear first.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pihjin

The taps were running clear before I heated the shower.

My housemate googled it and it turns out of some kind of trip switch button on top of the tank had been tripped so he pushed the button down and now it's working again!

Hopefully that's all it was !

*fingers crossed*

Advertisement