Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV+ subscription….is €9.99 value for money

Options
  • 19-11-2023 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

my wife started out with a free 30 day sub to watch something on the platform… and then let it run to €6.99 a month for the past 3 months. She might pop in and out of it a few times a month to see if there is anything worth watching

today … she gets email today going to €9.99.

I am trying to see if they’re ‘better value’ to be got with Apple if she is willing to pay €10 a month to them…?. What about sharing the Sub with family?? Music? iCloud storage

ps… she also paying €2.99 for 50gb storage for her iPhone photos separately

thoughts….?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just look at the family options and also Apple One.

€25.95 a month gives , TV, Music, Apple Arcade and shared 200gb storage, Much better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

It's a super steep price increase, for an ok service where you have to pay even more to watch individual movies. Have unsubscribed unfortunately, as there are some great shows there.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

No, it's not worth it. It should be noted that you only need a subscription to watched the "free" content, i.e tv shows. Without the subscription you can still rent/purchase movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

There's a few great shows, quality is great too. But not enough content for a full time subscription.

Personally I also hate streaming services that the subscription fee doesn't include all their content. Both Prime and Apple push the not included content at you the whole time in their UI.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Agree with all the above, in the grand scheme of things TV+ is a fairly poor offering.

A lot of very well produced shows but it has way more misses than hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Worth subscribing for a month to watch a show, at the end of series when it's all up. Then unsubscribe.

True off many streaming services.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

I would say the opposite - way more hits than misses. I don't think I've ever failed to finish a series on Apple TV+. The trouble with it for me and a lot of people is that the size of the library is smaller than other streaming services because it's all original, with nothing bought in.

Think this big price hike is a mistake by Apple - they should have waited until they had more shows and films in their library to justify it. I would've thought they could afford to stick on €6.99 a month for another year at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭squonk

They certainly could but one thing alone are never shy about us hiking prices and I’m saying this as a long time Apple fan. Tim Cook is really mostly focused on walk at and investor profits these days so the customer is con a distant second. Personally I think it’s a short sighted strategy but that’s just me. They could have held off price rises for another 6-12 months easy I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Worth it for a month or 2. I alternate between them now. Far to many streaming service.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I find the quality of series on Apple to be way better than the other streaming services. Shows like For All Mankind, Severance, Black Bird, Slow Horses to name just a few are excellent.

That being said the price hike is steep percentage wise. I have mine as part of "one" package which seems better value with Apple Music, Arcade and cloud storage being included and does not appear to have increased. Maybe check that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

At €9.99 it is a subscribe for a month every 6 months to watch what you want and cancel type of service.

Advertisement