Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin CT10

Options
  • 20-11-2023 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭

With Christmas Approaching (see what I did there 😁) and being Black Friday week I was considering putting in a set of CT10 sensors on the aul Santa letter.

I have read up on all the sensor options and although it seems the Arcoss system is possibly the best, it might not be that simple. Arcoss you have to have your phone in your pocket (which I generally don't do) or some sort of additional belt clip sensor. I've also read that it works great if you wear an Apple watch. (which I don't)

I already wear a Garmin Fenix (6SPro), have an R10 and have been using all sorts of other Garmin stuff for over 10 years. So the CT10 sensors just fit my setup.

I'm not sure though they will add to much in the way of feedback as to be honest, the Fenix picks up on pretty much all my shots anyway. Of course it doesn't know which clubs I've hit though. I don't seem to get any chipping or putting stats back.

The 3 pack is possibly enough for me to get the info on the chipping and putting. I think the only thing the full set would add, would be that it wouldn't be necessary to go back and tell it what club I've hit? Am I correct here? It would also I guess help to hone in on what you actual club distance is.

Has anyone used them in conjunction with a Fenix. I suspect it's going to be similar to using with an Approach watch? Do you still have to tell it what you have scored after each hole? And just for curiosity, how do you treat holes which you don't finish? I've just removed a load of 500 yard drives on my app.... holes which I teed off and maybe didn't find drive and didn't finish out.

Anyway, we all like a new gadget so I'll probably go for the full set. Anyone seen any decent offers on them?

Best I can find is Clubhouse Golf which I've never heard of and am not sure if I'd get stung on import charges or duty. anyone used them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I have the full set, they are not very good. The data received is terrible.

It is useless for putting as no way to record where the pin was. Thinking of changing to shotscope with tap as I like my Garmin watch

After a battery change I have had 4 of them fall apart on course and down to 10 sensors. You need all 14 for anything meaningful

They are so so dear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

Shotscope better than Arccos which is better than Garmin

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bike Hogan

I'm looking at the Garmin Approach G12 to get my father something just for lining up shot distances but after checking the list of supported courses, most of his regular courses aren't on the official Garmin list.

Is there a way to update and add more or is it just whatever Garmin gives as standard (which is a lot but not the courses he plays) and nothing more? Is there any other device you could suggest that fulfills this needs? Main focus being more Irish courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What courses does he play?

id be surprised if they are not there

download Garmin golf app

you can add courses there and can do it all now before you buy anything so can be sure it has the courses you need

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Garmin app is really rubbish tbf.

I bought the S70 and the app is absolute pants considering the price and quality of the watch.

I also bout the 3 pack of tags for the putter and 2 wedges, but doesn't really make a difference as the data and/or its interpretation is poor.

Had a shot scope before and the app and data was probably better with that. Tags stopped working pretty early on though.

Paying Garmin €10 a month doesn't help either, they really need to redesign it and offer a bit more, especially if they want a monthly fee.

The putting data is almost like they're guessing, although you can change the pin position on the watch, it would be far more accurate if they allowed you capture the flag when you take the ball out of the hole like shotscope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

@The Big Easy I have to agree with you. Garmin are the daddy when it comes to GPS and their hardware is fantastic and very hard to beat.

However when it comes to the software, and not just for golf, everything on Garmin connect is pants. They have all the data there to make it better. They have all the reviews and feedback from their customers to let them know that it's pants. But they never ever change or improve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I bought shotscope over the weekend in black friday. That sums up how frustrated i had become with CT10s

I will be keep fenix for my watch and on course distances

Advertisement