Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Cregmore golf query

Options
  • 20-11-2023 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am new to the area and new to golf.. I joined Cregmore Golf course recently but I do not know any people who play there. Are there any groups (Whatsapp, facebook, ect) where i could join and play with other people?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cosimocosimo

the best thing is to talk to marta and declan in the clubhouse, pick a time to play say sunday morning and they will get you out with different people/groups around that time and then over time you will get to know plenty of people, a whataspp goup would be handy for newcomers in particular no harm to mention it to Paul the new captain and perhaps he could organise it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Also check out our own boards.ie society right here. The society is on winter break for now but I imagine details for next year's schedule should drop in the coming weeks. Great way to play different courses and meet new people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Im also new to the area, just moved down the road a few months ago. still fairly new to golf, starting my 2nd year playing in Cregmore. Its a great club, everyone is sound as can be.

Im looking at joining a society also just to see and play in more places in 2024

If your ever up for playing a round or 9 holes even send me a message and we can arrange it.

Advertisement