Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Build €2,000 for 1440p Gaming, Ableton Music Production & Adobe Suite

Options
  • 20-11-2023 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone. I finally have money to start my very first build. It will be primarily used for 1440p Ultra (if possible) gaming, Ableton music production and Adobe Illustrator but might get into video editing at some stage. Streaming is also a strong possibility.

At the moment I am running a RX 480 8GB, i7-4790, 16GB RAM and SSD.

My current setup is in my attic but would love to run a connection (HDMI & RJ45) down into my living room. Using a 50" Sony OLED TV. Also my router is located beside the TV so do I need to make sure the motherboard has good WIFI?

I am pretty certain on my GPU and CPU choice including exact versions but open to other suggestions. If I can shave off €100 or €200 that would be great but willing to spend €2,000 just on the PC build if worth it in the long run.

Here is a direct link to my PC Part Picker build - https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/BbHRz6

A big question I have is where is the best place to buy all components? Amazon Germany has popped up a few times. Would it be better to hold off till Cyber Monday? What is everyone's opinion with current market prices? Originally I was going to build 3 years ago but that was right when the chip shortage happened along with other changes in the world. Hopefully this is a good time to do a build cost wise?🤑

Advertisement