Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New storage heater only cold

Options
  • 21-11-2023 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

looking for advice, had new storage heaters installed yesterday, they were set up to charge last night and then come on in the morning however they are only blowing out cold air. Was told it will take a few days for the bricks to properly warm up. Is this right?

thanks for any advice

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I'd expect the installer to drop by to make sure he hadn't made a mistake setting it up.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Not really, if there is no heat after night one there is likely something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

They could be setup with outside temperature control & it's wasn't very cold last night so controller decided no need for heat. I had storage heaters in apartment with a Devireg controller in fusebox. Had a manual override or offset ability I think.

Advertisement